Using the Bio-economy Skills Profile or Skills At-a-Glance to prepare for your next interview
The final story from our series on recruitment looks at how you can prepare for the big interview. A Bio-economy Skills Profile/Skills At-a-Glance outlines all of the requisite competencies for specific roles. Using this list as a foundation upon which to build interview questions; or prepare for an upcoming interview, can help ensure you find or become the candidate with the desired skill set for the position.
- Review the Skills Profile and Skills At-a-Glance for the position. Select 6 to 8 skills you feel are paramount to the success of any new hire in this role.
- Create job knowledge questions for each of the skills by following the below guidelines:
- What specific knowledge is required for this task?
- How could a candidate convince you of the ability to perform this task?
- Write out the interview question and the desired answer. Is the question clear enough to solicit the desired answer?
- Next, trial the question on a co-worker. Did he or she give the desired answer? What feedback did the co-worker have?
- Incorporate the information you gained in step 4 into a revised interview question.
- Repeat these steps for each of the 6 to 8 skills selected in step 1.
For more information to help you get ready for your next interview, check out the following links: